Experienced Chief Risk Officer, and credit & market risk specialist; Active sponsor of Innovation, Fintechs & new technologies; Passionate about environmental issues and an opinion maker on green finance/ sustainablility.
As the Country CRO for HSBC Singapore, I am currently responsible for managing all type of risks across our operations, covering four global businesses and nine legal entities. I have over 23 years of experience in Risk & Compliance areas within the financial services sector, large part of which is with HSBC doing a variety of country and regional roles across five geographies. Past roles include CRO HSBC Australia, Head of Wholesale Credit Risk for Asia Pacific & CRO HSBC Mauritius.
I am very closely involved in innovation, new technologies and Fintech ecosystem in Singapore. Key roles include:
– Demo day judging panel for the Global Hackcelerator (GH) at the Singapore Fintech Festival,
– Selection panel to decide the winners for the MAS & ABS Fintech awards announced at SFF,
– Advisor & mentor to many Fintechs, including two of the eventual winners of the GH, and
– Steer-co member for Singapore KYC Utility project on digital identities.
I am very passionate about sustainability issues, and work very closely with the industry to drive opinions. I am the chair of:
– Environmental Risk Management (ERM) Taskforce by MAS to draft regulatory guidelines for banks, and
– ERM work-stream under Financial Centre Advisory Panel (FCAP) on Green Financing to develop Country’s roadmap in this area, and
– ABS committee to draft the Guidelines for Responsible Financing for banks.